Site Meter Touch the Hand: Mascara Stained Tears

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mascara Stained Tears


Yesterday morning, July 20, 2007 a woman well known for her mascara stained tears, Tammy Faye died after a long battle with cancer.

Tammy was known and judged by many, for her lavish lifestyle, her air conditioned dog house, her jewelry, false eyes lashes, cars, furs, over applied makeup and the empire PTL, Heritage USA in Charlotte, North Carolina she shared 31 years with her ex-husband Jim Baker.

Having seen her through out the years on different television programs after the fall PTL, and her failed marriage and recently just this week on Larry King, I carry my heart out there on my sleeve.

A woman who truly seem to love life and her Lord, she smiled as she spoke of her hardships, her loss, and placed this openly in the power of Gods hands. I have yet in all the years of knowing of her, hear anyone speak of her lack of faith. I remember when I was a little girl, I'd walk down the street to an elderly woman's home, named Mrs. Bell. I can't remember her first name. :-) She was very special to me, and up there in her age, around 80 or so or as best as I can remember.

As I was there doing whatever I could for her, she would have PTL Heritage USA on television. There would be singing, shouting and lots of crying. Perhaps I was a bit to young to understand, but I asked her one day,
Mrs. Bell, why do you watch that program?

She replied:

Because I love that woman and I believe that her heart is real and sincere and she loves the Lord.

One of the most appealing statements she ever made was back in 1990 on the Larry King show, when she was talking about forgiveness and how she was able to forgive all the people who had hurt her, abandoned her during the fall of PTL, and it was
Forgiveness is a choice that everyone has to make. The choice belongs to them.They either decide to forgive and live in peace or not forgive and live miserable.
She loved life to much to live with anger in her life. There was far to much she wanted to accomplish, such as returning back to television, and helping the youth. Many she did help, and focused on the cross gender. She never once approved of their behavior, yet she never once judged them, but prayed with them instead. She believed that it was within the power of God Almighty to heal her , and if not, then she was ready for heaven.

Pain and sorrow has a way of bring one to total reality, and I really believe Tammy Faye was in complete reality. Her last posting read:
Today I want you to remember: You can't go forward, looking in the rear view mirror, yesterday is gone,you cannot put a broken egg back together again so don't spend your energy trying."Today is all we have so live it fully.Tomorrow may not come, we are not promised tomorrow. PRINCESS DI thought she had many tomorrows,JOHN KENNEDY JR. thought he had many tomorrows,MARILYN MONROE thought she had many tomorrows,SONNY BONO thought he had many tomorrows,SELENA thought she had many tomorrows. So we must make today count,make today the best day of your life."
In the final days her body became frail, but her spirit soured with her smile always saying, Judge not, lest you be judged and live life to the fullest through faith in God. Do whatever it takes to ensure happiness and joy in your lives, because you are never guaranteed tomorrow.
To Tammy Faye, Rest in peace now, your finally free.

No comments: