Site Meter Touch the Hand: Roman Catholic, Abortion and Politics

Friday, April 6, 2007

Roman Catholic, Abortion and Politics




From the National Briefs Journal Wire Reports: Giuliani standing firm on his abortion position


Rudolph W. Giuliani, campaigning in South Carolina, said that as
president he would not try to make abortion illegal.

Aware that his position might not help him in winning the support of some conservative voters, Giuliani said that if someone were inclined to vote against him solely because of his position on abortion, then so be it.

"I think abortion is wrong," he said. "But
ultimately, I think it is a woman's right,
a woman's choice. And government
should not interfere with it by imposing
criminal penalties on people."

Giuliani, a Roman Catholic who once
considered joining the priesthood,
has wrestled with the abortion question
for years, often expressing his personal
opposition. But he has also long
supported keeping abortion legal.

The comments came as South Carolina
legislators pushed legislation that would
require women seeking abortions to
first view ultrasound images of their
fetus.If the bill is approved, the
state would be the first to have such a
requirement.
http://www.journalnow.com/

What could possibly come from imposing criminal penalties on a woman who has chosen this direction? Do the legislators in South Carolina or within any state honestly believe this would stop people from having unprotected sex? My opinion is no. Would the penalty be Surgical Sterilization "Mississippi Appendectomy" the slang I believe used back then? However, that approach could possibly benefit many by having this done instead of having habitual abortions and the tax payer having to cover irresponsible behavior by both sexes.

We are in the year of 2007, not in the dark ages where most women used the method of birth control by the size, shape and color of the moon, or another method, the calendar. With our updated methods in birth control today such as NuvaRing {vaginal contraceptive ring} ,Ortho Evra {the patch} Depo-Provera {shot}, birth control pills, not to mention the old fashion condom,{not a solid guarantee} there are no reasons that I can comprehend for anyone becoming pregnant.

Simply stated, I don't believe in abortions. However, nor do I believe in bringing an unwanted child into this world that one can't afford to feed, clothe, or protect. An old personal saying comes to mind, "If you can't feed them, please don't breed then" What is the solution for this? I have no idea. I see no positive outcome should states impose penalties, unless they reinforce the chasity belt. Now, there is a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Janice Still and i would like to show you my personal experience with Depo-Provera.

I am 24 years old. I have been on Depo for 9 years and did not realize that the symptoms I experienced might be related to the shot. I am now facing thousands of dollars in dental work due to bone density loss, and will probably end up with osteoporosis. I am getting off Depo and will never touch it again!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Low libido, joint pain, bone density loss, dental problems, headaches, fatigue, out of control eating, gained 40 lbs., depression

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Janice Still

Depo-Provera Prescription Information