Site Meter Touch the Hand: Now, For The Women And Children

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Now, For The Women And Children

The pictures below are but few in regard to how the women and children were murdered and battered under the reign of Saddam Hussein. They are graphic but need to be seen to be a reminder as to why not only do we fight for our freedom and protection from evil and terrorism but also for other mankind.

US-led investigators have located nine trenches in Hatra containing hundreds of bodies believed to be Kurds killed during the repression of the 1980s. The skeletons of unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys. The victims are believed to be Kurds killed in 1987-88, their bodies bulldozed into the graves after being summarily shot dead. One trench contains only women and children while another contains only men. The body of one woman was found still clutching a baby. The infant had been shot in the back of the head and the woman in the face.





















On the borders of Kurdistan

On the borders
Where throats are
Choked with good-byes
And eagerness is
Suspended in the eyes
And people asked
When.. where are we ? why..?!

Here a child dies..
There a baby lies, and
Another face-down cries:

My wound is hurting
My breath is hurting
My stomach is hurting,
Mother: Am I to die ?
And my white pigeon ?!
Are we going to die ?

In tears she said:
There beyond the border posts..
Only days: we won't die
For us, God will try..

Again, the child cries:

Will my pigeon die ?
Mother: I love her..
She is my life
Because I love,
She does not deserve to die
I love her...

All broke in tears

Dear.. your pigeon died
When the planes pried

And she broke in tears
My white pigeon was gassed ?!
My Kurdish pigeon died

Mother.. my hair is falling
why ? Am I do die ?

Some water please..
W-a-t-e-r ...

And you dare speculate as to why we are there? Shame on you all.

1 comment:

familyman said...

These pictures are terrible. Saddam Hussein was terrible.

But our bombs have killed countless innocent children also.

Is it better that our bombs kill them instead of Saddam?

When faced with the crisis a mad man like Saddam killing his own people, the best solution we could come up with was to kill them ourselves?